1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot send mail from inbox etc. etc.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by elly, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elly

elly Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing some unusual problems with OE6. I've searched the archives but cannot seem to find a similiar problem.

- cannot send a message from my inbox (if I do, error 0x800c0131 appears), but if I go to outbox and hit send it usually sends no problem.

- in the case that it doesn't send when I go to outbox, I have to either send another message at the same time (it will often send 2 messages but not 1) or if this fails to work, restart my computer and it sends once I've opened OE again.

- the other problem which occurs when I can't send messages at all is that the contents of either my inbox or sent messages folder will completely disappear (or sometimes both). I have to restart my computer in order to restore them and this is starting to occur about 5 times a day. Very frustrating.

- The latter problem of disappearing folders appears to be connected to using the web. ie if I do not open a webpage of any sort, I usually only experience the 'can't send from inbox problem'. Once I start to access the net, sending emails becomes more difficult and my inbox or outbox or both will disappear.

Can anyone help??

Many thanks

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

What OS do you have?

Have you tried repairing the installation? Repairing procdure will be different depending on your OS.

3. elly

elly Thread Starter

Sorry, I have Windows ME. Can you advise me of the repair system procedure?

Many thanks,

Elly

4. Toddles18

Toddles18

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

For repairing,

1. Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    2. Select IE from there and click on remove.
    3. You will get three options, one of them will be repair.

Click on that and start repairing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice