1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot send mail in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 46229, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46229

46229 Thread Starter

Happily using Freeserve Anytime. Outlook Express performing fine. Loaded Freeserve Broadband. Web O.K. Now cannot send mail from Outlook Express.
    Freeserve says that O. E. 6 sometimes has problems with Freeserve Broadband. Suggested I downloaded O.E.6 and replaced with O.E.5. Not possible as O.E.5 is no longer available for Windows 98 (2).
    I have now uninstalled Broadband and am back to where I was but mail problem still exists.

1. How do I remove 'Go In Direct', XXXSERVER, PRPI, downloads_ly from my diall up box leaving freeserve?

2. All outgoing mail shows error as:
    Subject 'test'
    Account 'pop.freeserve.net'
    Server SMTP
    Protocol SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL)
    No, Error No 0x800CCC0B

Under Accounts I have pop.freeserve. com, mail, dial up freeserve, etc. and pop. freeserve.net mail (default) any available.

Under Servers Incomoming mail is ;POP3' but this is highlighted in blue and flashing and inaccessible, whilst the incoming and outgoing mail box addresses are correct but also inaccessible.

How do I overcome this problem and get to send my mail as I did before installing Broadband.
    Thanks.

2. Cookies

Cookies

When you open Outlook, are you able to send or receive from any of these 3 accounts?

Also look in Outlook. Tools/accounts/mail tab. Highlight the mail default account. Click on properties/server tab and make certain the settings -- POP3, SMTP, account name and password are correct (your ISP will have the POP3 and STMP server addresses).

Apply/ok and reboot if prompted.

If it works; remove the other 2 accounts if you don't use them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice