1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot set up my network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mynameistar, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mynameistar

Mynameistar Thread Starter

I just bought D-Link DI-624 Rev.A and installed SBC DSL. The problem is I cannot install any software/driver from the CD providing by SBC. I tried to connect my laptop directly to modem but it doesn't work. I then tried to connect my laptop to router and router to modem but the result is same. What I have to do? Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Just to clarify, are you just having a problem getting online since you hooked up the router? Are there other machines on your network that you're not able to view?? DSL uses PPOE. That information must be input into your router for authentication purposes. Unlike a Cable modem, you can't just plug everything in. You have to configure the router with your DSL username and password. Once this is done, you shouldn't need the CD they provided you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice