1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot set up Windows Backup - Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by qualityjohn, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qualityjohn

qualityjohn Thread Starter

When I try to set up Windows Backup via Control Panel/Backup & Restore i arrive at a dialogue that says I must now set up 'Backup'. When I click the proper link, i arrive at the .../System32/ folder, and not at a setup screen.

Here's the TSG SysInfo

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 2934 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1243 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 226084 MB, Free - 134779 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 269801 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, ZQ1B
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Disabled

HELP!! Would welcome any help from a knowledgeable soul, Qualityjohn

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

any reason why you've disabled antivirus? this may be an infection, i would scan for that first.

3. qualityjohn

I have Zonealarm anti virus installed and functional. Zonealarm recommends not having two antivirus programs running at same time.. Just ran Malwarebytes Anti-malware, with no infections logged

4. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

just going by the sys info you posted, as i am new to the forums, i'm not that familiar with why it would return only one antivirus. i would go to to safety.live.com and download the ms scanner and run it, and then download malwarebytes and run that. you may also have a corrupt profile, try logging in as a different user and setting it up if the scans comeback clean. if that works, you need to create a new account.

5. qualityjohn

Hi Kanaitpro
    As suggested have downloaded and run ms scanner - scan clean, as is the Malware bytes scan. Created new user account, logged in and tried to create Windows Back-up - with same results. Clicking on the 'set up backup' link takes me - again - to the System32 Folder!!!!
    Back to square one........
    Any other input welcomed =thanks guys

6. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice