1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by candlegal, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candlegal

candlegal Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3061 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 228434 MB, Free - 128495 MB; D: Total - 9999 MB, Free - 8914 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0H279K, , .2D0W6H1.CN486438B40035.
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

I get the following error when trying to open Outlook. My computer updated last night. Outlook worked fine this morning, but then I got the "configuring updates do not power down" screen. Once the computer restarted, Outlook would not work: :mad:

cannot start MOO. Cannot open the outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. errors have been detected in the file. c:\users/Nikky\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. for more information about the inbox repair tool, see help.

I have tried: Go to run and type outlook.exe / resetnavpane -did not work, I get the same error.

I have tried: Run and Scanpst.exe-I get windows cannot find the file.

I have tried a System restore-it could not be completed.

I have ran a windows office diagnostic, 1 problem found and fixed, however it did not correct the problem.

I have tried: outlook.exe / safe- I get "cannot start MOO. the command line argument is not valid. verify the switch you are using."

I have tried everything I have found online and in MS support. Nothing has worked. Please help! Also, I need step by step instructions at this point, obviously I am not doing somthing right. Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!