1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot start the PC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Pompei, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pompei

Pompei Thread Starter

Hi
    It happens every time I start the Computer
    Something very unusual is happening to my computer.Refuses to start and when it does sometime I receive a White window and now I receive a yellow window.While restarting the E tray opens.Restart again until the Tower emits a loud sound and a black windows tell me to ask for Support.I believe this is a window command:Windows failed at Checkpoint PnP4. There are too many info that I don't have the time to read all.Then I have a black window that ask me to choose between a windows Professional and a windows 2000.My windows is windows XP home edition.After the desktop is loaded, sometime the computer hangs and I have to start all over again.All the wires are connected and secure.The only thing that I believe is not normal is the ON-OFF Switch.The computer turn on even if I don't fully depress the switch.I own this computer for 7 years and never I did experience anything like this.
    Windows xp sp3 home edition Dell 3000 desktop
    I have Norton and I have used Microsoft Safety scanner,Malwares bites,with no virus found.
    Thank you

2. BigTobster

BigTobster

This sounds like a power supply issue. Power issues provide all sorts of weird and wonderful errors.

Try ordering a replacement cable from Amazon (cheap and simple) or - better still - just grab one from another PC that you know works OK.

After that you will need to consider replacing PSU completely. If you want help with that you should ask in Hardware.

Have fun

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice