1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot transfer more than 10mb from usb???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by galkim, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. galkim

galkim Thread Starter

hey there guys!

so here's my problem:

i got a canon 600D digital SLR camera, and whenever i take photos with it the file size is usually somewhere between 5-12 Mb per photo.

i have this annoying problem that whenever i want to transfer the files to my computer via the USB cable, if a photo is above 10Mb the whole copying process stops and i find myself having to copy each photo manually, one by one. i have to emphasize that i have no problems with other devices or usb sticks, and the camera itself is working perfectly. also, the problem only arises when i try to copy the whole files in bulk from the camera to my pc.

is it my camera thats wrong? could it be that my sd card isnt fast enough? (it's 30mb/sec)

please help

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Wild guess: maybe the camera thinks that it is idle and goes to sleep after a minute or two?

3. galkim

galkim Thread Starter

no its not that

4. Lance1

Lance1

Are you plugging the camera into the system or just the SD card?

5. Lance1

Lance1

6. galkim

galkim Thread Starter

im using the camera, not a card reader, and the software is the latest

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice