1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot turn on cookies in Chrome

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dougglos, Nov 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I am attempting to turn on cookies in the Chrome browser, but keep receiving a message which advises me of the method of doing this - "Go to Settings/Click Show Advanced Settings/Under Privacy click Content Settings/now turn on cookies by Allowing Cookies). My problem is that under Privacy the option of Content Settings is not given! As a result I do not know how to turn cookies on. A guide to help me go on from here would be appreciated.

2. britekguy

britekguy

After you're in the Advanced Settings, open Site Settings near the bottom of the Privacy & Security group, then the Cookies & Site Data entry there. The first toggle is Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) which you should toggle on.

3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Followed that through - the problem was the "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" was already toggled to ON !

4. britekguy

britekguy

5. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I wouldn't know how to add an extension, so no further forward.

6. britekguy

britekguy

Whether you know how to add one independently does not, as I clearly suggested, mean that something else may not have.

One must go through the steps necessary for differential diagnosis to ever arrive at a solution to anything, and starting Chrome with extensions disabled intentionally to eliminate a possible cause is one of those steps. If it's not the cause then one moves on to the next thing.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check the Extensions area to ensure that you do not have any other add-ons that may be causing your issue.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice