1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot uninstal Nero.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cheetore, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheetore

cheetore Thread Starter

Whenever I try to uninstall the Nero software, it gives me an error. How do i uninstall it?

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

2. Firah

Firah

Download the Nero General Clean Tool from THIS site.

Haven't tried it myself yet, though.

3. rude

rude

Are you trying to uninstall from control panel or from the uninstaller that came with the program?I would try from control panel first.If you can't uninstall from either,I have a couple of things you can try:
    1)Before trying to uninstall,open task manager and make sure that no services that it uses are running.
    2)Remove it from your startup,if it is running in the background,it won't uninstall

4. cheetore

cheetore Thread Starter

yep. that nero cleaning tool cleaned it up.

thanks a lot ppl.

5. rude

rude

You can go here and check out this utility,it worked for me for a similar problem:

http://news.swzone.it/swznews-10369.php

Or you can try this:
    Make sure you backup the registry before editing.
    Select Start > Run

type "regedit",without quotes, and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed beneath the Uninstall folder.

Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right click the key and click Delete.

Be very careful. Once the key has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall if you make an incorrect selection

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!