1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot uninstall java from xp computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xyffZ, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyffZ

xyffZ Thread Starter

Hello,

here are my system's specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP (Microsoft Corporation), 16 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 38154 MB, Free - 17990 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corporation, OptiPlex GX240
    Antivirus: McAfee® Security-as-a-Service Anti-virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I saw a piece on the news today that said Java was having serious problems and needed to be removed or disabled from on p.computers until a fix was ready.

I don't find any indication of java installations anywhere. there's no control panel applet for Java Panel. I can't find any reference to java in add and remove programs.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Rob Pearson

Rob Pearson

It's possible that you may have never downloaded and installed Java on your computer. If that's the case then you would not need to worry with uninstalling it. You can test that by going to Java's official site at the following link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

If Java is installed it will tell you what Operating System you have and what version is installed. If that does appear for you please reply back and let us know so we can help you with removing the version that is installed on your computer. If Java is not installed or disabled you will just be presented with a link to download it.

The link I posted above is to the official Java site owned by Oracle..

Hope this helps! If you have any problems let us know!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!