1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Vaishali, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CJS23

CJS23

Hi

As I said before, Java 7 is not yet available from www.java.com as per http://java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml , as it is still under development. This may be the **ONLY** reason why the Publisher cannot be verified.

Elvandil is considerable more experienced than I in the matters to which he is giving you guidance, however, you may be complicating the issue more than you need to :)

2. Vaishali

Vaishali Thread Starter

I chose to go with BitDefender Boot CD but as I am technically challenged, I was unable to know which button to click on to download. Please help. My options are as follows:
    Parent Directory
    3.x/
    Old/
    PCWelt/
    bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso
    bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso.md5sum

If I click on the folder 3.x/ then I have further list of options as follows:
    Parent Directory
    tcz/

Tcz/ foder leads to a list of 7 more.
    Please help

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso is the one you want. You can burn it to a CD with this:

Standalone ISO Burner (Be sure to check the "Finalize" box.)

As I may have mentioned, it is the one that I prefer because it has worked on every machine I have tried it on. I have spent hours (literally) trying to get the graphics on the Avast, Avira, F-Secure, and AVG CD's to work on some machines.

It will have virus signatures already, but it will try to go online and update them when booted. Be careful what you delete and keep a list. You may also find a log file on your C: drive after it is done.

(Just FYI: This site does not allow anyone to recommend the use of ComboFix except the qualified malware removers. That is because ComboFix can do serious damage to a machine if used incorrectly. That might explain some of the things that have happened to you. I'd suggest that you use it sparingly or under the guidance of one of the experts.)

4. Vaishali

Vaishali Thread Starter

Thanks for your patience. I dont have a CD writer. I only have a player on my laptop (Compaq Evo N 1020). Please advise another way. Can I not just download and run?
    I used ComboFix under the advice of an expert (I believe he is a genius). I have no clue what it is and dont know how to fix my machine without advice. I never do aything without advice and understanding the steps before attempt.

5. Vaishali

Vaishali Thread Starter

The name of the expert who cleaned my machine with Combofix is dvk01. He too is a Moderator as yourself. If I need help, I have to trust too. Its a bit tricky to choose who will help me and I am learning. I have been a bit naive as I was new to this forum and technically retarded.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026230