1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot unlock taskbar AND cannot pin anything on taskbar or start menu AND Outlook Pr

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ngibson12, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngibson12

ngibson12 Thread Starter

Hello all,
    So about a month ago I restarted my computer and when it came back on all my programs pinned to my task bar and everything that was in my start menu was gone. From there I could not unlock the taskbar and nothing would pin in either the start menu or taskbar. I researched everywhere about it. I tried unlocking the taskbar in properties and registry with no luck. I finally found some posts about how my user profile was corrupt and from there I went on and made a new profile and copied everything and BOOM it all worked fine now. Well today it happened AGAIN! I restarted my computer and everything disappeared. So I think it is still a corrupt profile, but this is the second time it has happened. My question is. 1) is there another way to fix those two issues besides creating a new profile? and 2) What could be the cause of this happening twice in a month. Would a reformat fix it or is it a hardware issue?

ADD: I forgot to mention my outlook email profiles are gone too. Those somehow got erased as well.

2. Humbled2

Humbled2

Did you run chkdsk on your drives to eliminate possibility of file corruption or cross-linking ?

3. ngibson12

ngibson12 Thread Starter

Hey Humbled2:
    Yes I ran chkdsk already and everything is fine :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice