1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot use control panel add/remove programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jeeptj5, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeeptj5

jeeptj5 Thread Starter

I have had this problem on 2 Win2K computers now. It is caused somehow by USB installations. The latest was installing a HP 3570C USB scanner. The scanner software did not work properly after install, and when I went to the control panel (add/remove) [appwiz.cpl] the program has a large blank area where usually the programs show. (The message is "there are no programs installed on this computer") However, I can scroll down and see the programs listed, but if I click on any entry I get ""mshta.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log is being created"

When I go to event viewer I get, "The application, mshta.exe, generated an application error. ...The exceprion generated was c0000005 at address 75B5EB55 (DllGetClassObject)"

Anybody see this before, Ideas?

All help greatly appreciated.

Don

2. ratchet

ratchet

jeeptj5,

Welcome to TSG.
    A little searching in the right spots;

This is for Win 2K Pro.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!