1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot use find

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wije, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wije

wije Thread Starter

Windows 95
    Compaq Presario
    I cannot use start/find. It shows the pop up window, but does not do the find. I also cannot use help, it will not index or search.

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

there is a dll which is used to perform this function. It is
    ITIRCL.DLL. If it is missing or corrupt, you might have this problem.
    EDIT. You don't need to search in DOS. What was I thinking giving you those directions. Just go to Windows\system and look for the file ITIRCL.DLL You have a COMPAQ. Do you have the cabs on the hard drive?
    You may have to perform an extraction from pure DOS and I need you to tell me whether you have a source for this file on the Hard DRive. I know you don't have a regular install disk. Also, which version of 95 do you use?

EDIT: I am at the Dll database to find more information on this file. I need to know which version of Internet Explorer you are using, please. This file is updated and is a part of Internet Explorer. Therefore you may have to repair IE if you have version 5 or greater. Possibly reinstall IE to either replace or re register this file. That may do it. But it all depends upon the version of IE you use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice