Cannot view pages that follow a password login

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Danni1

Thread Starter
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
3
Hi, new here, so please be gentle!

I have just got a new Sony Vaio laptop for work, but if try to log in to a webpage which follows a login on a secure channel, I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. This happens on things such as hotmail, Amazon, my bank etc. I replied to an email, and got one of them "click this link, and fill out the form to prove you aren't spam," and even that link cannot be displayed.

I have enabled popups, lowered security settings, and have now run out of ideas :(

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
6,336
Hi Danni1 and welcome to TSG
Have you tried enabling your java script?
In IE, go to Tools>Advanced and see if java has been enabled.
 

Danni1

Thread Starter
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
3
little den said:
Hi Danni1 and welcome to TSG
Have you tried enabling your java script?
Thanks. I cannot find an option that says enable/disable Java. THere is one line that says " Use Java 2 v1.4.2_05 for <applet>". I have checked and unchecked this, and so far, no luck.

Am I doing it right?

Thanks a lot!

PS Using XP Home, SP2, IE 6
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
6,336
Yeah...ummm..do you know how your security settings are set? I noticed a thread similar to yours earlier. It describes how to do this. Here's the link to it.
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Messages
21,334
Danni1 said:
Hi, new here, so please be gentle!

I have just got a new Sony Vaio laptop for work, but if try to log in to a webpage which follows a login on a secure channel, I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message. This happens on things such as hotmail, Amazon, my bank etc. I replied to an email, and got one of them "click this link, and fill out the form to prove you aren't spam," and even that link cannot be displayed.

I have enabled popups, lowered security settings, and have now run out of ideas :(

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
Those sites probably require a certain encrytion level for browsers accessing their sites so SSL will work. What browser are you using and what encryption level?
 

Danni1

Thread Starter
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
3
Rockn said:
Those sites probably require a certain encrytion level for browsers accessing their sites so SSL will work. What browser are you using and what encryption level?
Hi,

I am using IE6 with a 128bit encryption. I have moved security settings from default to none, and still no luck!

It's a new system, and it's not a spyware issue. I would run a MS update, but it locks me out of that site too :(
 
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

Top