1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot view streaming video in Windows Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mattbro75, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattbro75

mattbro75 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I recently upgradded my Windows Media player to 10.

In WMP across the top there are several tabs. The last of which is video. Clicking on this I see screen shots of videos with a link beside it that says "play video".

I assume this is free, streaming video. Is this correct?

I cannot play this.

I click on the link and the screen goes black as you would expect, very briefly then the screen goes white. The status bar says "playing" but the screen just stays white.

The progress bar moves as if I'm watching a 9 second video playing on a loop. As it does this the status bar alternates between saying "playing", then "playing playlist: Playlist 5", "clip c",

I went into the MSN Entertainment Download Troubleshooter and everything comes up fine except "Digital Rights Management Test" which comes back as unsuccessful.

I don't know if these two things are connected, but suspect they are.

All the other media I have that I previously had plays fine with no problems what so ever.

Any ideas?

2. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

Can you stream audio?
    The 9 second clip that recycles sounds like a sample video.
    I'm guessin' that the DRM test result is 'cause you're not subscribed to anything.

3. mattbro75

mattbro75 Thread Starter

Yeah, I can stream audio. If you have WMP 10 go into the main screen and select the video tab along the top.

First thing that comes up on mine is featured videos the first of which is one by eminem. Beside the screenshot if a link that says "play me".

Is this to play a nine second sample? Notthing is playig, I think the nine seconds is just how long the cycle takes to play itself through.

Help, anyone?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    click here

Download the Full Codec Pack (3rd from bottom). Lets make sure you have the up-to-date codecs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!