1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot View Video File

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by samios506, Oct 28, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. samios506

samios506 Thread Starter

I have a security camera, but every time I try to view or save the video files to my computer, I cannot open them. Somehow I have defaulted the files to open with some program but it doesn't play the footage. I desperately need these files to be viewed, as they can be used for the police investigation. Please view the file i have uploaded as this is the type of file it is, thanks heaps if anyone can help me in anyway :)

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi samios506, and welcome to TSG.

You only uploaded what appears to be a screenshot of Windows File Explorer. This website restricts what type of files can be attached to posts and there may be further restrictions on what new members can do for a little while.

File Explorer is not showing any file extension for the file. This could be due to the filename not having an extension or Windows is set to hide the extensions of new file types. Please double-check if the filename does not have an extension or if it is hidden.

If you have ever been able to watch the camera's video files on your computer and remember what program you used to do so, you should be able to right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and choose the program you wish to use to open and play it.

Beyond that, please tell us the brand and exact model number of the camera.

3. samios506

samios506 Thread Starter

Hi cwwozniak,

Thanks for replying

I have not been able to watch the videos on the laptop before or use any other program to view this file :(
    The brand is Kogan and the model is IP54 Outdoor Battery Powered 1080P wifi Security Camera KSOTDRBCAMA
    I am at a loss as to what I need to do to view these files.

4. samios506

samios506 Thread Starter

does this help? i have uploaded another screenshot of the file property. apparently its a data file and no way can it be a video, I view the footage through the Kpogan app on my phone, so I know its definitely a video

Attached Files:

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I was able to find the product manual for that model. It did not have any information on how to view the camera's video on a computer.

https://help.kogan.com/hc/en-us/art...080P-Wi-Fi-Security-Camera-KSOTDRBCAMA-Manual

The page did have a link to information on some Zviewer software that does seem to be for Windows.
    https://help.kogan.com/hc/en-us/art...viewer-Software-for-my-Wireless-HD-IP-Camera-

It might be worth trying that software to view the camera's video files.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice