1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot view webpages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ranger_cole, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger_cole

ranger_cole Thread Starter

I have lost the ability to view web pages in IE6 in XP Pro. I can connect via dialup to internet but all I get is page cannot be displayed. Any site I try gives a blank page. I can ping myself but when I ping www.cnn.com <http://www.cnn.com> or others like this the site cannot be found. Other programs that update via internet like adaware or spybot cannot update either. Xp firewall is off. I do use Outpost Firewall 1.0. I tried turning it off but still no page is displayed. 2 thing I have installed recently are Beyond Wolfinstein (I uninstalled last night but it did not help) and I installed fix it 5 from v-com. It is similar to a host file error that sometimes happens in Win98

2. BillC

BillC

If this is something new, I'd check with your ISP to confirm they are not having a server problem. Their technicians also should be able to "see" your modem indicating the problem is on "your side" of the modem.

I tell you, one day I was going crazy with the same symptoms thinking it was MY fault or problem. But it was a Comcast issue.

3. ranger_cole

ranger_cole Thread Starter

Well system restore was on and I was able to restore back before Fix-It 5 was installed. I was able to surf sites after restore. I the tried installed Fix-It 5 and when I tried surfing I got the same no page displayed. I will contact V-com about this issue and let everyone know the results.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!