Cannot Visit Self-Hosted Sites Internally - Windows, Wired Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nickb34

Hey everyone, I have got a really strange problem. Any help would be appreciated!

I have a few small websites hosted on a fedora server, and on ANY WIRED WINDOWS box, when i go to visit the websites hosted on my server,

internally, the page does not load.

Sometimes parts of the page get loaded, some of the images etc, but the browser (firefox, ie, anything) never fully gets all of the data. It

just circles around and eventaully times out.

I can visit the outside world fine, any other site, but as soon as i go to an internal site on the very same wired client, they fail.

Here is some other information:

--> The server is hosted on a wired connection

--> When i boot up a wired machine with Fedora and request a page on an internal site, it works. windows, wired clients are the only ones

that fail.

--> If you go to our sites on any wireless connection, on any operating system on any type of box, they work.

--> I have tried using a HTTP tracing utility such as Fiddler, and it just circles around as well, no information regarding the request is

displayed.

--> I have tried putting all the cards to 100megabit full duplex instead of auto negotatiated, still dont come up on windows.

I know the network, router etc are all good, because the same wired client booted on fedora works no problem, and the sites get served up to

the outside world just fine.

I know its a mouthful, but im beatin my brains out trying to figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--Nick

nickb34

Sure. These are from two different machines.

The wired one has just a built in wired lan on the motherboard, and the other computer is another machine on the network, with both wireless + wired, but wired is disconnected for now.

---------------------------------

WIRELESS

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2935:ae3:948a:91f1%9
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.204.9
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.204.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.204.9%14
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

WIRED

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.204.7
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.204.1

Hope this helps, -N

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online