1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot watch movies

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sundawgg, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sundawgg

sundawgg Thread Starter

Hi i have an HP pavilion zv6000 running windows xp. Whenever i try to watch movies using gom player or any other player my computer becomes extremely slow with 100% of system resources being used or just shuts down. I don't have alot of programs installed and have avg antivirus. I recently reformatted my computer before then i never had this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

After you formatted did you install the Video drivers and any other drivers that came with the PC

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

What process is using all the CPU? Have you installed any codecs? Is it with a particular file-type (like avi's)?

4. sundawgg

sundawgg Thread Starter

I have installed all the codecs for video drivers and for the video player. when the movie is playing the player is using up all the memory

5. BIBO

BIBO

Oh that's sweet! maybe you are trying to play HD videos that does not support your PC.

6. devil_himself

devil_himself

does this happens with all video file types .. or with only certain video files ?

7. sundawgg

sundawgg Thread Starter

No i dont think it has anything to do with the video files because it happens with any video file i try to play.

8. devil_himself

devil_himself

hmm ..try this

start . run . regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

you should get a message box like this
    DllUnregisterServer in shmedia.dll succeeded.

9. sundawgg

sundawgg Thread Starter

Ya i did that and i got the succeeded message

10. sundawgg

sundawgg Thread Starter

hey guys i think its the computer overheating. When i put something under the comp i don't have problem.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/725128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice