Cannot watch movies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sundawgg

Hi i have an HP pavilion zv6000 running windows xp. Whenever i try to watch movies using gom player or any other player my computer becomes extremely slow with 100% of system resources being used or just shuts down. I don't have alot of programs installed and have avg antivirus. I recently reformatted my computer before then i never had this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

After you formatted did you install the Video drivers and any other drivers that came with the PC

What process is using all the CPU? Have you installed any codecs? Is it with a particular file-type (like avi's)?

sundawgg

I have installed all the codecs for video drivers and for the video player. when the movie is playing the player is using up all the memory

Oh that's sweet! maybe you are trying to play HD videos that does not support your PC.

sundawgg

No i dont think it has anything to do with the video files because it happens with any video file i try to play.

hmm ..try this

start . run . regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

you should get a message box like this
DllUnregisterServer in shmedia.dll succeeded.

sundawgg

hey guys i think its the computer overheating. When i put something under the comp i don't have problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts