1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot write to registry

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AlixFortin, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlixFortin

AlixFortin Thread Starter

Not long ago, I loged in my winXP account and found out that EVERYTHING WAS GONE! it was as if i would have just created the account, so i had to put shortcuts, wallpapers and everything back to what it was manually, and the i found out that NOTHING AT ALL can write in the registry, not the .reg, not a installer, not even myself when i go in regedit... anyone knows how i could fix that... i don't want to reinstall windows again!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Do you have System Restore points that predate the problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!