1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon BJ-200 Print Driver for WinXP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dr Dick, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dr Dick

Dr Dick Thread Starter

I pulled an old printer out of the closet to use on a new PC that I am building...just to have a printer connected to it. It doesn't work with the print driver provided with WinXP and Canon no longer supports it. Does anyone know where I might find a print driver for it. It prints test pages very nicely. :)

2. Sponsor

3. cgesicki

cgesicki

4. Dr Dick

Dr Dick Thread Starter

Thanks for your help cgesicki. Although the link you provided took me to a download link that turned up empty (canon must have deleted the driver), I was able to use the information provided in that link to find a site that did have a valid driver. Hopefully, it will work.

5. Dr Dick

Dr Dick Thread Starter

I tried to install the bj_v397 driver package (from Canon) from several different sources with no luck. The installation ends unsuccessfully. I still haven't found a driver that runs on Windows XP. I wish I had looked into this issue before I spent $25 on a new ink cartridge for the printer!!

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

One's included with XP. Just add a printer,select Canon for the manufacturer and Canon Bubble-Jet BJ-200 for the Printer.

7. Dr Dick

Dr Dick Thread Starter

Thanks DoubleHelix. I did try the driver included with WinXP, but it didn't work. I'm beginning to think that the printer does not work even though it prints test pages OK (using the buttons on the printer). I tried moving it to another PC, same result so it must be a printer hardware issue. For some reason the data is not getting into the printer.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/556856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice