Canon BJC-2100 not printing???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbkarns

I have a Canon BJC-2100 printer which is about two years old. Well, it just stopped printing. I was gone for a few weeks and when I returned it would go through the motions of printing but no color or black on the page. I figured the ink needed replacing so I put in new cartridges, and the same thing. I checked the utilities on the software and the computer says the printer is on-line, but a check test print page comes out blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi jbkarns, welcome to TSG....

Sounds like you have ink built up underneath the cartridge...you'll need to take a Q-tip with a bit of alcohol (not the drinking kind :D ) and dab around and clean it up.

jbkarns

Did what was recommended. Cleaned the cartridge with alcohol, very messy. I then tried to print a document that had some black and color. The result was a nearly black page, with some rainbow effects. It seems like the ink is going back and forth but somehow, it's forgotten how to control the ink flow. Is there a connection problem, or a memory problem?

Thanks again.:confused:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I rec'd your email and responded as well.....

Here is my response so others can follow:

Your email to me:

This is the message:

thanks for your response to my printer problem, the blank page, you recommended cleaning with alcohol. did that, but now it's printing rainbows of overlapping color and black.

any suggestions?

My email back:

Clean, clean and clean some more......it'll clear up....

OOPS.....

I just read your
post......UNDERNEATH the cartridge, not the bottom of the cartridge.....it
sits in a notch....the ink builds up under where it sits.....if you're
getting a lot of black, you may have punctured the new cartridge.......

:cool: Hello jbkarns,

Go to: consumer.usa.canon.com/printers/bjc2100/index.html

I use Canon printers and I have found that after a couple of years I have to replace the whole cartridge assemby and not just the ink wells to correct this very problem. The above site is pretty good with its technical help. As a matter of fact there is a "FAQ" section dealing with this exact problem. While you are there download the latest driver for your machine. I think yuo will be amazed at the difference an updated driver makes. Good luck. KW1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online