1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon BJC-5000 Printing blank pages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by natedaug, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natedaug

natedaug Thread Starter

Hello all. I was having problems with my old BJC-4400 all of a sudden printing nothing but blank pages on me even though my cartridge wasnt out of ink. But rather than fix the problem, I was lazy and figured it would be easier to just pick up another cheap inkjet printer on Craigslist. Enter the BJC-5000, which I got today. After some initial unpleasantness upon finding out that Canon doesnt make XP drivers for this printer, I just used the Canon Win 2000 driver and a 3rd party driver program (BJC Angel it's called) and the printer seemed to install fine.
    But alas, IT PRINTS NOTHING BUT BLANK PAGES. The person who sold it to me assured me that a)it worked fine when last she used it on her computer a month ago and b)that there
    was still some ink left in the carts. When I run the auto head alignment, though, my computer tells me there is no ink in any of the carts. Not to worry, I have some brand spankin new ink cartridges. Again more blank pages, and Auto Head Alignment still says my cartridges dont have any ink. Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have tried to find an answer via posts on other forums around the web, and there are a couple common suggestions. One is to clean the printing heads, which I have done via my print options about 4 times now, but have not tried manually. Im wondering if this also might be a problem with the driver, but then why does it tell me Im out of ink? I dont know, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. natedaug

natedaug Thread Starter

Well, it looks like I found out why Im getting faulty "no ink" messages.

I found the following explanation here:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/airbrush/kopyjetFAQ.htm

"11. When I try to align the print head on my BJC-5000 series printer, a warning indicates that the black cartridge is out of ink. Why?
    A bug in the Canon driver software causes this erroneous warning when using the edible inks. The bug may also prevent the printer from printing black after the warning in order to protect the print head. Do not run the print head alignment. If you are at the point where the printer is giving you the warning, unplug the printer for 10 seconds and start over without accepting the request to align."

I did, however, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver without realligning the print heads, and to no avail.

3. Beta Orionis

Beta Orionis

It could be your print head is fouled. I had to buy a new print head for an 860I because of that. It simply would not print black ink. Canon does not give you a new print head with every cartridge like some HP printers. I think the tech place I got the new print head from said to try washing with warm water and soap. NOT Alcohol. I had no luck with washing a 650 printhead, but the printer was over 4 yrs old.
    Beta Orionis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/551590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice