1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon BJC 5000 printing problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geri41, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geri41

Geri41 Thread Starter

My Canon printer is only printing horizontal lines in place of the characters.
    I have cleaned and aligned (several times) the printhead and still no characters are printing.
    Any suggestions?

2. MolsonMan007

MolsonMan007

I found this on another forum... Don't know if it'll help or not.

My black ink prints with horizontal lines through everything, and i have replaced the entire cartrige twicw now with now positive results. What can I do to correct the problem? Thank you for any advice you can offer. The frustrated one, Denton.

Reply:
    E-Mail canon with the problem. Or call their tech support. They should help you with your problem.

Reply:
    Mine did the exact same thing...
    Turned out to be fluff UNDER the print head.
    (also caused ink to splatter in bottom of printer)
    I used a wet q-tip to clean out from under it. Took some effort, but I finally got it.

MolsonMan :cool:

3. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

Try this:

Turn off your computer. Unplug the power cord on the printer and the printer cable. Wait 2-3 minutes then plug the cable back in first then plug in the power cord. After the printer cycles back on , boot up the computer and go into the printers setup and try printing a test page. If it still doesn't work, reinstall the drivers or go to the Canon website and download the latest drivers. Good luck! KW1

4. Geri41

Geri41 Thread Starter

We have tried cleaning the ink off with a q-tip and alcohol. It prints the horizontal line much better now but still no other letters are printing.
    I also e-mailed Canon tech support and they suggested all the things we have tried. They also suggested I buy a new print head if none of the cleaning worked.
    If we have to replace the print head, where do you find instructions for doing this?
    It may just be best to purchase a new printer (different brand). This Canon is driving us crazy with all it's noises each time it begins to print.
    Thanks for your help!

5. ezymony

ezymony

i had the same kind of problems with my bjc 2000 the print head was about $50 or $60 bucks i bought a lexmark x73 i am very pleased with it glad to get rid of the canon

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice