1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon DR-3020 Scanner Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tigger, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tigger

Tigger Thread Starter

Greetings Everyone,

I have hooked up a Canon DR-3020N Document Scanner onto a Dell OptiPlex GX400 with a Pentium 4 1.8 GHz, 512MB RAM and Windows 2000 Professional SP4. The scanner is properly recognized in both the Device Manager of the Control Panel and the Imaging Devices of the Control Panel. The SCSI also recognizes it as the boot process goes and it is assigned as Device 1.

The problem is that no matter how many times we Uninstall/Reinstall, the TWAIN driver will not function. We receive the following two errors:

Cannot communicate with the scanner. Check status. Scanner driver will be closed.

Cannot open the TWAIN driver. make sure the TWAIN driver is not opened in another application or scanner connection is proper

Canon USA has probably the worst website for support. Also, they do not seem to carry any later drivers for this model since the original v1.0 which is also the same as the install CD. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Joel

2. garybeafl

garybeafl

I am no expert on this but have you tried to start all over and install the drivers before you physically hook up the scanner.

3. Tigger

Tigger Thread Starter

Yes, we have done it both ways. I know a lot of hardware gets funny that way.

Joel

4. dwaesqcpa

dwaesqcpa

You may want to download the appropriate ASPI driver from adaptec.com. I believe this is the SCSI driver that will help you interface.

5. Tigger

Tigger Thread Starter

The SCSI has the latest drivers installed. No newer date out there. I am using the AHA-2940AU which seems to be fine in the sysrtem properties. I spoke to canon yesterday and they said they do not support it anymore. What a damn shame because this scanner was a workhorse.

Now I am trying to make sure that no other TAWIN drivers are running in the background.

Joel

6. dwaesqcpa

dwaesqcpa

I am seriously thinking about buying a DR 3020 that I think I can get cheap, probably super cheap. Like you, I would like to have a workhorse. I am wondering if I should do it. I am trying to research it to see what I have to do to interface it with my computer.

I talked with a tecnician at a company in VA beach, VA, which seems to be the only one close to me that still suports it. I will try to dig up his # and the company name.

I am interested in finding out how you fix this.

7. cable

cable

Slightly off topic. Have any of you gotten DR-3020 Working successfully on a Windows XP professional (sp2) box?

Please don't mention using ISIS related tools/drivers.

I need windows recognisition for my needs.

Any assistance is appreciated.

8. COUOT

COUOT

:) I got the same problem as you
    I think I have an issue to your problem.
    The bug is due to ASPI interface
    you must use 4.70 or 4.71 driver
    In order to do that download ForceASPI 1.7 freeware after that my TWAIN DRIVER work OK
    IF this solve your problem please give me an answer in the forum
    sorry for the english fault i am french

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice