1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon Easy Photo Print EX and iP4900 printer scaling problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ELHeath, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELHeath

ELHeath Thread Starter

Hi, I bought a Canon iP4900 printer recently, mainly to print labels on inkjet printable CDrs. After an initial issue with using Nero Cover Designer, which resulted in the printer thinking that an 80mm mini CDr was in fact a 120mm standard CDr (it appeared to ignore the size given) which ended up with it printing over the CD tray, I settled down to use the limited software, Canon Easy Photo Print EX instead.

To print my 80mm mini CDrs I created some text in Indesign at the correct size, saved them as image files and imported them into Easy Photo Print EX. This worked fine and when I printed out the CDs the text appeared at the correct size.

Then I loaded the same image files into the larger 120mm standard CD template, so I could create some CDs for friends who could not use the mini CD format. When I printed these CDs out, the image had been automatically scaled to fit the larger CD, without any option to remove this. The image size control in Easy Photo Print EX only controls the crop around the image, not the scale or size of the image involved. It appears to scale the images, ignoring the original size. If I print the images of the text out on paper, they appear the same size as on the 80mm mini CDs.

I'm very confused by this. The software is not very good, but no other software I've used, Nero included, seems to work with this printer. I cannot understand why it is upscaling an image automatically when placed on the larger CD template.

At the moment it means I cannot print standard CDs with confidence of clarity (the upscaling is obvious and a bit fuzzy) and the correct size being printed. I'm at a bit of a loss!

Eric Heath

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I'm using Irfanview to print my CD/DVDs ... (Not my HP software) .. And the Image is created at the size I want to print.
    Irfanview gives me a lot of control how my HP Printer prints.
    It's my experience that printing on CD/DVDs is not as good as photo paper .. are you expecting too much ??

Can you attach an Image here ??? .. It might help to see how it's created.
    And Welcome to the TSG Forum

Attached Files:

• Clip.gif
      Clip.gif
      File size:
      216.7 KB
      Views:
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice