canon i960 print head stuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eagle1230

hi,
last week my canon i960 bubble jet printer was getting error meesage 5c00 (waste ink). a buzzing noise with the orange light flashing 4 times which menas ink run out. But all cartridges had plenty ink left. It said to turn off hte printer and turn back on. I did this many itmes, Print head moved fine but hte sponge on the right side was soaking with ink, apparently ink waste. I blotted it until it was fairly dry. After repeated tries I finally was able to print sometihng but then hte problem repeated itself. 2 cartridges ran out very quickly after being half full, so I knew something was wrong. I repalced both. I also unistalled the printer and reinstalled. Driver device working properly in device manger. Now when I turn on the printer, it not only flashes 4 orange lights with that annoying buzz but the printhead is now not sliding back and forth as its supposed to. Also, I was able to manually slide the printhead whne I cleaned the sponge. Now it is stuck and unmovable.
I chekced the ports and theyre connected yet I think the computer is not reading the printer because evne my laser jet which I havent used in over a year is not priniting. It did print a spec page but it doesnt print from the computer.
i unplugged computer and cables from printer to computer and then replugged. Still notihng.
Winxp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online