1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon ip4200 - More than one ink tank of the same colour installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonymac01995, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonymac01995

tonymac01995 Thread Starter

Hi, I decided to intall cheaper carts on my printer and extracted the chips from the old carts and some worked. I have two now that I have bought genuine Canon carts for but when i install them, the red light keeps flashing on the cart and the amber light on the front flashes seven times continuously. When I try to print I get an eror message saying I cannot have more than one of the same ink tanks installed. Any ideas? Canon say the printer is out or warranty and try turning it off for an hour to reset itself! ( Which didn't work!)

2. tonymac01995

tonymac01995 Thread Starter

Resolved this one although I feel a little silly, I thought I would post the answer as I could not find it on any website.
    I asked inkredible.co.uk, who I bought the compatible carts from if they had ever came across this and they said "Hi Tony, The only time I have come across this is when I transferred the chips the very first time I did it. The problem was that I got the chips mixed up. What your printer is saying is that you have 2 chips in the printer that come from the same cartridge. 1 will be the original cartridge. The other will be on the wrong colour compatible. Hope this helps. Regards, Nichola"

The lesson is replace one cart at a time and do not do what I did and think I may as well replace them all as they are all running out. Then I got the chips mixed up. The chip is therefore specific to an individual colour even though each colour is exactly the same shape of cartridge.

You learn something new everyday.!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice