Canon iP7200 series WS printer print head replacement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

conrail

Hi guys, I hope I have the correct forum, I have had a Canon iP7200 series WS printer for a number of years, I have also used non canon inks from cartridgesave also for a number of years, the printer is never turned off after having once read in a pc magazine that they should always be left on to save the heads drying out,,
today I tried printing and agenda for a group I belong to, there is a black bordshould be.PNGhow it is.jpger and most of the printing is black apart from this issue where I have used other colours on events for members to edit, as it will be our first meeting since lockdown, when I printed it out the black failed to print, although on a test page the black down the side prints but not the border or heading, although both ink cartridges say almost full I have replaced them, tried all the options for cleaning without success so it looks like one or both of the print heads need replacing, the first picture shows how it should print, the second shows how it is.
can somebody please advise me on replacing the print heads on my canon, making it simple please, or any other suggestions, all help and advice appreciated

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210604195509.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (552 GB Free);
Motherboard: KBL Charmander_KL, ver V2.02, s/n NBGP411003723854783400
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 0, s/n NXGP4EK0157230039D3400
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Here is a link from Canon's site. Looks pretty simple.

The print heads should last you about 2-3 years but your printer should have asked you to replace it.

When searching for the printheads, the code should be QY6-0082.

conrail

thanks couriant, no message from the printer but looking elsewhere device manager does not show an error but going into control panel, hardware and sound, devices and printers I see the yellow exclamation mark against my laptop, no idea on what that means

Attachments

Couriant

James
Hmm I think that may be a sharing issue, but that will not be causing your prints. That is an ink/printhead issue.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
The Canon 7200 uses two black cartridges - one large one & one small one - do you have both fitted?

conrail

thank you Goddess-Bastet, yes I have both fitted so no idea which one or both have the problem, as you can see on the print out, 1st one a screen shot, shows what I should get on a test page, 2nd one, a printout, shows that black bar at the top missing but black appears down the left side, all cartridges showing full, looking at printout I would say it is the large cartridge that is not working, I have replaced both with new

Attachments

conrail

Hi Guys, just an update canon have been quite helpful but suggested their repair centre but wont commit on approximate cost, printer is out of warranty, been playing around and figured out how to remove and clean the print head and have clarified that it is the large black cartridge that isn't printing, as all other colours are fine will keep using the printer, printing in dark blue rather than black, thank you one and all for your help and advice and especially thank you Couriant for the part number, going to see how much the replacement part is(y)

Couriant

James
Depending on where you go, it looks like you are looking around $30-40 average cost but they all look 3rd party. You may want to check with Canon directly to see how much they will sell it if they have any.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
If you use third party inks then they can cause problems. I purchase genuine inks from Amazon
I’ve tried third party inks before & eventually the printer breaks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online