1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon MG5720 not printing...refilled ink on my own

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danstelter, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danstelter

danstelter Thread Starter

Hey all -

Can't get my Canon Pixma MG5720 print in PGBLK or cyan, the two colors I refilled on my own. Actually, a couple weeks ago I did refill these on my own and they worked just fine. Then, had to refill again, and they printed 100 - 150 pages or so just fine.

Then, yesterday, PGBLK started to print streaky. Like, 98% printed perfectly. But, a line of text here and there had a straight white line running through it.

Now today, tried some basic maintenance like ink cleaning and deep ink cleaning. As of now, can't print anything in PGBLK. Cyan went away, but as of this minute it's working again.

Thoughts on what to do?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    The best thing to do is buy new cartidges. You need to reset the chip every time you refill the cartridges in order to properly work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice