1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

canon mp370 printer cartridge jammed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eaglesflight, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eaglesflight

eaglesflight Thread Starter

i have a canon mp370 and getting an error message saying cartridge jammed
    when i turn it on i get a clicking sound and the scanner head or printer head doesn't move
    not sure if i am posting in proper forum and i would like to know where i can get info on how to fix this problem.
    I called the place where i bought it and he said probably cheaper to buy a new one than to have someone repair it
    if i had a repair manual to go by i would try it myself.rather try that first than to just toss it.
    any info or direction on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated
    thank you in advance Jim

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

A manual for sale here
    http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/1891253

Does the printer carriage move by hand? Sounds like it is jammed.

If you had to buy any parts then it is unlikely to be economic. They are "disposable items" these days, some people don't even buy new ink cartridges, they buy a new printer instead.

If the cause is not obvious to the eye, it's likely to be a mechanical failure which in turn means its likely to be uneconomic. I doubt that spares are easily available given the low price of new devices.

One common printer problem is the carriage bar that the heads slide across on, if that gets gunked and jams, it can cause those problems. That is easy to clean and lightly oil though even without a manual.

3. eaglesflight

eaglesflight Thread Starter

thanks for your reply kiwi
    i will just tear it apart, nothing ventured nothing gained.
    see what happens, might get lucky and free something up
    another quick question.
    i am starting up a small internet business and will need a printer,scanner,copier and fax any information on which printers may be better than others.Mine did work great but no fax in that one
    tc and thanks

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

My only advice is to strenuously avoid anything made by Brother.
    They are cheap, the fax side is excellent but the printing quality is dreaful, comparedc to others.

I made the mistake, after a couple of months I could bear the quality issue (and the ink consumption) no more and tossed it.

I replaced it with an HP, the outcome is supurb. Canon are OK as well, though having been bitten by Canon some years ago on a year old very expensive wide format printer that they would not provide new drivers for when we had to upgrade from NT3 to NT4, I tend to avoid them, but only on principle.

I used to manage a medium sized company, it was of interest to note that the only printers that survived for years seemed to be HP and Kyocera.

I presently use an HP OfficeJet 7210 for fax, scanning and color printing, and an HP LaserJet 2100 for B/W. I have an HP DeskJet 9300 for the occasional wide format color work.

I have recently changed to Vista, and HP (or Vista) had all the drivers I needed.

5. big_al7976

big_al7976

Thank you as well, I have the same problem and thought gee I'm a computer tech and have worked on printers before, knowing it is messed up, so I can try to see if I can fix it. There is no obvious ways of taking the thing apart without the manual to tell you how. Too old, too much for even the manual. I'll just get a new one like the rest of the world.

Everyone that brings a printer into the shop I tell them right away if it isn't the fuse it isn't worth it most of the time unless it is a high value printer.

Thank you.
    Big_al7976

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice