1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon MP530 paper source selection problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jagger1964, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagger1964

Jagger1964 Thread Starter

Hi All,

My Canon MP530 printer has 2 paper sources; a flat 'cassette' in the base and a near-vertical sheet feeder at the back. There is a button on the front of the printer which allows you to specify where you'd like the printer to take paper from.

When I put 6"x4" photo paper in the cassette, and press the button to specify the cassette, it jumps to the sheet feeder and prints on A4 from there instead. Removing the A4 from the sheet feeder in an attempt to force the printer to use whatever is in the cassette has no effect - it tells me the sheet feeder is out of paper. If I put A4 in the cassette it detects it and prints just fine.

I have been to the printer driver and made sure that the cassette is selected under 'paper source', but this has not helped.

I am using the "Easy Photoprint" software and this allows you to specify your paper size, type etc. I am guessing that this is not a paper pick-up issue (the printer has seen too little use to have coated the pickup wheels, and it picks up A4 ok). I think it is having difficulty detecting the smaller paper size although it used to print 6x4 before without problems.

Anybody know how to fix this? What is the mechanism by which paper is detected, and how might it have failed?

Any assistance gratefully rceived.

Jagger1964

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/778472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice