1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon MP560 clogged print head

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andyx181x, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andyx181x

andyx181x Thread Starter

Hi there folks, I can really use some help here as I have exhausted all possible solutions to fix this problem.

I have had this printer for about a year now and I steadily been replacing each ink tank with "G&G" Ecosaver" brand ink tanks which all in all been fine. When printing out a map from google maps i noticed the yellow and red ink portions were faded with white streaks threw them. I tried many many deep cleaning operations to clear it up and didn't get any better. I understand that it mixes all three colors to produce black and essentially it seemed all three major colors were affected.

I then proceeded to remove the print head and soak in hot water and run hot water threw the ink tank connections clearing out the ink, after reinstalling them and printing out a multicolor picture several times the colors were temporarily balanced until it returned back to way it was.

So then I went and bought a brand new print head, quickly swapped out the ink tanks and printed out a picture only to meet the same results. I reprinted the picture three times and each one got steadily got better until the fourth, where the yellow and red seem to drastically fade with the familiar white streaks. Also i then noticed a spot of yellow ink staining the top left corner of the page right before it starts printing.

I am out of ideas and I'm not sure how to proceed with this, I"m thinking either the ink is not good for the print head or something deeper is going on cause a new print head produced the same exact results.

Please someone give me a solution, I will forever be grateful so.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have had "tints" of colour across images - for example a green / yellowish cast across the whole image , i found that by replacing ALL the inks I managed to solve the issue , changing just one or two of the tanks didnt work for some reason, possibly bad batch of ink

Have you actually replaced all the INK ?

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

This could be due to the ink flow from the tanks getting clogged. Water is not a good thing to use, you should use alcohol to do any cleaning. I have had ink cartridges clog up and by using a syringe to inject alcohol into the base of the tank it disolves any blockage. Ink refill suppliers will also provide cleaning fluid which is even better.

4. andyx181x

andyx181x Thread Starter

I was thinking if the new print head immediately started clogging could it be the quality of the ink? I'm using G&G ecosaver brand and it took like 2-3 months after steadily installing each one as the factory ones went empty before this problem happened. Do you recommend a different third party brand of ink? I'll go to a ink shop and get a syringe cleaning kit for it and hopefully it solves the problem.

5. andyx181x

andyx181x Thread Starter

I steadily replaced the factory ink tanks with the ecosaver brand as each one individually ran out, I have yet to install a new set yet but I am thinking maybe i should go with a different brand. May I ask what brand of ink do you use?

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    in this case, I was helping out some one else and it was an epson printer and epson inks purchased from amazon

I have tried a lot of un-branded, re-manufactured inks , and they have been very successful in HP, Canon and Epson printers, but online you can often get such good deals , its sometime not worth it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice