1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon multipass c755

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikswmn31, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikswmn31

mikswmn31 Thread Starter

Ok guys, i made the plunge and finally went out and bought a new computer. its a compaq desktop and i have windows xp home running on it now.

I am trying to set up my multipass printer to work with this computer but it wont let me everytime i put the disc in to install i gt the error message (with the multipass i also have the scanner copier and fax. all in one )

the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications

i dont understand it worked fine on windows me. i know its compataible with xp because i checked the canon site. i have looked for help online both at cannon and microsoft but to nothing. the only thing i could find was a patch that canon has they say updates the drivers when u install it i dwnloaded the patch and ran it but it dsays no need to update.
    I also did the xp service pack 2 thru windows update. i didnt try to install my multipass before the update but im guessing that has somethng to do with it because after i installed the update my cable modum quit working thru the ethernet cable. i am connected online now using a usb but i would rather have my modum hooked up on ethernet card again. can anyone help please
    JoAnn

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

That's an OS problem. Many people are trying to figure out its cause, but no luck so far. It appears to happen only to those who have installed SP2.

There is a lengthy article at MS on copying and replacing the missing and damaged files, but this program will get your 16-bit subsystem back up and running automatically:

http://users.adelphia.net/~abraxas/dl/16bitSubsystemXP.exe

Be sure you have the XP driver for that combo because the ME driver won't work in XP. No ME drivers for anything will work in XP.

(If this gets your driver installed, why not start a new thread specifically about the modem problem?)

3. mikswmn31

mikswmn31 Thread Starter

Do u have a link to this microsoft site? i have the modum up and running on my cabel connection but still cannot install driver for my multipass. i did a search on microsoft but couldnt find anything. im sure its there i just probally dont know where to look lol
    JoAnn

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you try the program to replace the files?

5. mikswmn31

mikswmn31 Thread Starter

Yes i gt everyting to work except for the fax and scanner which the fax i dont really care about anyway i use mostly the scanner and printer. but i went back in a tried it again and then the scanner installed but the fax driver wouldnt, but like i sd i dont use it so im not going to bother trying to install the driver for the fax thanks for all your help
    JoAnn

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. I'd assume that all the drivers were in one package and installed together, but if you're satisfied, then all is well.

Thanks for following up.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice