1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon MX 350 and MP Navigator Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wideejay, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wideejay

wideejay Thread Starter

I recently bought a Canon MX350 All-In_One printer. Am running it on an ASUS EEETop 2002 using Windows 7, 32 bit. One of the pieces of software that came with it is called Canon MP Navigator. What it does is allow you to scan, edit the scans, save them or combine them and a few other functions that I cannot remember. My problem with this software is that every time I try to start it up I get an error message and the program will not start. You can look at the details of the problem so I copied them and here they are:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: mpnex31.exe
    Application Version: 3.1.2.0
    Application Timestamp: 4b95bcf8
    Fault Module Name: ole32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdac7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0005509d
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

I called Canon for help and was told that it apparently was a problem with the ole32.dll file being corrupt so I should uninstall the program I had installed from the CD that came with the printer, make sure the folder it was in was taken out of Program files/Canon, then download an updated version from their site and reinstall it and this would correct the ole32.dll Did all that and get the same error message.
    I called Canon back and eventually was told to contact either ASUS or Microsoft for any further help as Canon had no other advice. I contacted ASUS and eventually got the same “talk to Microsoft” message.
    We all know what it's like to try to contact them! I would have tried but I knew that they would want the serial number of the software and there just isn't something like that on Windows 7 pre-installed on computers. One other thing – the Microsoft site told me to contact ASUS, so you can see I am between a rock and a hard spot here. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem as I really need that scanner program to work.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. wideejay

wideejay Thread Starter

Tried the system file checker and it found some problems, fixed them but I am still getting the same results with MP Navigator. Any other ideas??

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Asus is responsible for the operating system support, not Microsoft, that is part of the OEM licensing that ASUS signed on for to sell their PCs pre loaded with Windows, and you can remind Asus of that if needed. They are legally bound for OS support.

Your issue is determining who's software is responsible for the crash, a tough one.

There is MP Navigator Software dated 4-16-2010 on the Canon site.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...oadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=334&modelid=19865

5. wideejay

wideejay Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your help! I did try the version of MP Navigator in Canon's site and had the same results. I also talked to ASUS who told me to re-install windows 7. If I do this, won't I lose everything and have to start all over again? One of the emails from Canon hinted around that there are other scan programs out there - I should turn him in!!! I did install MP Navigator on my laptop with XP on it. Works great so I may just have to settle using the laptop for scans. Man alive this whole thing really frustrates me!

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

That Ol "reinstall the OS" is just a cop out, they just don't want to help you. Yes you will lose everything if you don't have a backup plan before you reinstall.

7. wideejay

wideejay Thread Starter

I just got another email from Canon. They say I should call their tech support people and talk to them. I will try that next. Thanks for all your help. I guess we can consider this one finished. Sigh!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice