1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Canon MX920 printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by azwarbirder, Aug 8, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. azwarbirder

azwarbirder Thread Starter

I have a Canon 92o All-in-one printer/fax/scanner and I keep getting messages back when ever I click print. The message says "Printer is in error state." My computer is a lap top Aspire V17 Nitro, about one year old. Operating system is Windows 10 home. I am a senior, and not very computer literate.
    This printer is like a good portion of them today, they've made it do so much, the damn manual is about 2" thick. Can some buddy help me on this? Thanks.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are there any errors displayed on the printer display screen?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Are you printing via wifi or is the printer connected to the Aspire?

4. azwarbirder

No, there are no other errors showing on the printer. And I have the printer plugged into my Aspire. I got to say, this cannon has been nothing but a problem since I bought it. Sometimes it decides to print from my laptop, sometimes it won't. It is so confusing as how to get it to print, then scan something into my computer then fax something to someone. It is NOT an easy printer to get to work. Ken

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Most printer errors (ie: low ink, paper, hardware errors) will display on the printer LCD. If the only error(s) that you are seeing are on the computer, that would lead me to believe the problem is with the Canon software or drivers.

I would recommend that you uninstall the Canon software, reboot, and perform a fresh install of the software/driver package. You can use the disc or get the latest software package from the Canon website (I suggest getting the latest version). When performing the fresh install, ensure that you follow the step by step directions. For example, it will tell you when to actually connect the printer and when to power it on, etc. When the install is complete, you should get a test print showing that it is working.

6. azwarbirder

OK, I'll try that. And thanks ah- bunch.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice