1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon no memory card error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jnjwilk, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jnjwilk

jnjwilk Thread Starter

I have a Canon A720 powershot. All was working fine for months. Took the SD card out to download pictures, replaced it in the camera and now I cannot review any pictures on the camera. I toggle the switch to look at the pictures and the camera powers off. When I turn it back on (in the review photos mode) it says there is no memory card. If I put it back into take pictures mode and cycle the power off and on, the error is gone and I am able to take pictures. They register on the memory card, but I am never able to see pictures on the view mode. I take out the card, and download to the computer and all is fine. I am just not able to see any pictures on the camera. I have switched memory cards, changed batteries with no results. Anyone ever seen this before??

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

try repair the card as you would do a hard disc

locate it in pc my comp e f g drive etc right click it if you can format it if you have stuff on it then do not format, right click properties tools error check tick both boxes

3. jnjwilk

jnjwilk Thread Starter

Reformated card, tried different memory card, checked on pc, card works ok in another camera and on the computer. That leaves the camera as prime suspect.

4. wowzer

wowzer

Are you saying you formated the card and it still shows the pictures in question?

If you formated the card then all you can try is a card recovery program. plenty of references to them on this forum.

could be the camera but, take no offense, more likely user error somewhere along the line.

5. jnjwilk

jnjwilk Thread Starter

Pictures show before formatting and vanish after as they should. I just can't see them with camera in review mode.

The problem is not the memory, it is the lack of memory card recognition by the camera.
    The error message on the Canon says "No memory card" only when camera is in review mode.
    Multiple memory cards exhibit this same pattern of symptoms. Repeat, the problem does NOT follow the cards.

When camera is in shoot mode all works fine and PC read of resulting images works perfect. Only the camera cannot review the card contents. Shot counter works, and the momentary review of the shot works. BTW. Another pair of symptoms; switching between shoot and review mode will shut camera down. Powering up in review mode extends the lens without being able to shoot or review, I do not recall that happening before.

6. wowzer

wowzer

very strange indeed. may well be a camera issue.

maybe someone with that camera will come along...I do not.

heaven forbid, have you tried calling canon?

7. jnjwilk

jnjwilk Thread Starter

I have not contacted Canon. I was hoping that someone else might have experienced something similar and had resolved it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice