Canon Pixma 5560 not printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kiama2005

My Canon Pixma MG5560 is not printing, draws paper in comes out blank.
Am running Windows 10 and printer is connected by USB cable and cartridges have been replaced.
Using Corel Wordperfect 16 as word professor. Also will not print test sheet.

plodr

Liz
How old is the printer? What is the state of the ink absorber?
I just went through this with someone who owns a Canon Pixma purchased in 2016. I then discovered that when the ink absorber is full, the printer will not print. Apparently this is a problem with only Canon printers. I'm using an HP from 2003 and if it had an ink absorber, it would have been filled years ago.
That may not be your problem but it is something to consider if nothing prints.

Kiama2005

How old is the printer? What is the state of the ink absorber?
I just went through this with someone who owns a Canon Pixma purchased in 2016. I then discovered that when the ink absorber is full, the printer will not print. Apparently this is a problem with only Canon printers. I'm using an HP from 2003 and if it had an ink absorber, it would have been filled years ago.
That may not be your problem but it is something to consider if nothing prints.
Thanks plodr, I have no idea how old the printer is or how to clean ink absorber. There appears to be a small foam pad of some sort at the print head home spot. Looks as if it might be difficult to reach. Do you know if it is removable?

Kiama2005

Kiama2005

Thanks again for your help and concern . Have gone the online manual and it it does not get a mention. I am also trying to get help from Canon not very hopeful at this time.
Thanks again for help.
Thanks again , visited the site you reccommended stacks of info.
It would appear that if I have problems with ink pads it will alarm as I have no errors Don't think I will try to disassemble the beast. Easy way out may be to get a new printer. May be an Epsom.
Cheers Kiama2005

plodr

Liz
Yes, I had an HP printer that refused to print after I put in a new black cart. . After trying all the solutions, I bought another printer.
Since I've learned about Canon and problems with ink absorber pads, that turned me off to ever buying a Canon printer. Printers give people enough headaches without adding a new problem to the mix.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online