1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon Pixma all-in-one printer MG2120

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Divapcuser, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Divapcuser

Divapcuser Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3985 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2039 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 458597 MB, Free - 382225 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, EG50_HC_CR
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Previously used above mentioned all-in-one printer in the Windows XP operating system on my Dell 2400 Series machine. All applications worked. Tried to move printer to current computer within the Windows 8.1 environment. I can print and make copies with no problem. However, the scanner application does not function. Spoke with Canon technical support and did several tests including uninstalling, re-installing and rebooting system with no solution. Checked the Microsoft web site and spoke with technical support with no solution here as well.

Can anyone enlighten me as what is the possible solution for this issue? Thank you.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  3. Divapcuser

Thank you texasbullet for responding. Canon technical support had me download the upgrades twice, along with rebooting my computer and I was still unable to use the scanner application. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Whenever I scan some documents or pictures I use the windows Fax and Scan which is already installed in your computer and just select your printer to start scanning.

5. Divapcuser

thank you again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice