1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon Pixma MP530 Ink Cartidge problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hope043, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hope043

hope043 Thread Starter

I am using Canon brand cartridges because I don't want to void the warranty so I am NOT playing the chip game (yet). I am getting the message that I have two Magenta cartridges in the printer (I do NOT have two Magenta cartridges in there). This message just started appearing and the light blinks fast on the cartridge. I try taking it out and putting it back in. Also have tried shutting the printer completely off for a minute and turning it back on. Sometimes the message says that it can't recognize the magenta cartridge but then it again tells me that there are two magenta cartridges. I've tried printing in just greyscale but it still won't print. I'm getting quite frustrated with this printer after having it less than 5 months.

Can someone please help me????

2. cancon

cancon

What are the different cartridges in there?

Maybe you've placed the magenta cartridge in the wrong place, and you need to switch it with one of the others in there.

3. hope043

hope043 Thread Starter

The problem just started happening - I didn't do anything to the cartridges (ie: move them around, etc...). The first time it happened I was able to shut the printer off for a minute and it was OK when I turned it back on but now that won't work. This printer takes the CLI-8 cartridges.

4. cancon

cancon

Have you tried resetting it?

5. hope043

hope043 Thread Starter

Last night I re-seated each cartridge and was able to print once but when I tried to print something else I got the same message (more than one magenta cartridge). I tried re-seating them again but still got the message. I turned the printer off and tried to re-seat the cartridges while the machine was shutting off (I managed to unclip each one but couldn't get them all re-seated before they moved out of reach to the right as it was shutting down - re-seated the rest after turning the printer back on) but when I turned the printer back on the alarm light was out. So I think it may print (at least one time).

Why would it accept this cartridge at first and print OK for weeks (I'm mostly printing greyscale to save color) and then all of a sudden do this?

6. hope043

hope043 Thread Starter

I contacted Canon and it turned out to be a bad ink tank. They quickly sent me a new one. Thanks for your help.

7. snacktrack

snacktrack

I am having a similar problem with my Pixma MP530. It keeps saying I have two yellow ink cartridges. Now, my PGBK ink cartridge keeps blinking, not sure if its almost empty? But my yellow ink cartridge is not lit up. I take it out, put it back in and it lights up, but then the problem keeps persisting. Is this what happened with your magenta ink cartridge? Maybe I just need to replace my yellow one.

8. hope043

hope043 Thread Starter

It sounds like you may be having the same problem I had with the magenta cartridge. I contacted Canon through their web site and communicated with them through e-mail (I think they charge you if you call by phone). The teck was real good at responding promptly.

Your black ink tank could be just running low on ink. It will start to blink faster and you'll get a message that you HAVE to replace it.

Hope this helps.

9. snacktrack

snacktrack

They gave you a new cartridge for free?? I will have to email them, because I just bought the printer about 2 months ago. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice