Canon pixma mx492 printer will not print

clabbers

Hi. My Canon printer has a relatively new pair of authentic ink cartridges. Out of the blue it won't print - well it won't print what I want it to but it has perfectly printed a couple of test pages. It refuses to print either plain text statement - just black and white - and a multi coloured test page. I keep getting a message "the printer power is offline" when I'm trying to print but the power light and the menu is on - not that there is usable writing on it unless I shine a flashlight on it. Has anyone had this and brought it back to life? I've recycled, reinstalled the software, and talked sweetly to it but it is not printing and I really need it to work! If anyone can help please!!! Thanks!

clabbers

Just to make life weirder I have just found it will print the various setup testing pages just fine! I won't print thinks like pdfs and plain print on paper. So it did a complete clean and printed the tests but it won't print my requests! It says THE PRINTER IS OFFLINE1 :mad:o_O HELP ME! It's not offline - the light is on and it printed the setup paper!

Last edited:

clabbers

Well! I don't know how but I have the printer printing many things now - It's a good think machines and computers like me :sneaky:(y) - BUT! it seems now I can print some things but NOT PDFS! And wouldn't you know it PDFs are what I need to print. Any one ever run into this? :rolleyes::unsure:

And now the PDFs are printing! :DDon't know why. Clearly had a series of things going on. I sometimes thing they just want attention! ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online