1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon Pixma wont boot!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sillymoop, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sillymoop

Sillymoop Thread Starter

Hi, i'm having problems with getting my scanner/printer to do anything. To begin with whenever i turned it on the LCD always said

"Printer error has occured. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists see the manual"

and so i turn it off and the message only reappears, it seems to not be able to load properly.

I did get it to load once or twice, (how it hapenned is beside me) and successfully printed something off, but on attempting a scan the same message came up midscan. Now i'm back to square one, with only ever seeing the error message all the time and the printer/scanner giving me no options and not loading properly.

Does anybody have any good advice?

the driver discs also told me that the driver cant install properly either, am i likely to have these problems if my laptop only has Windows XP? Also, for some reason i think it only loads properly if it's been left off for hours, why is this?:mad:

thanks xxxxx

2. By_Rock

By_Rock

Did you ever try to firmware update?

3. Sillymoop

Sillymoop Thread Starter

no i haven't what is it?

4. By_Rock

By_Rock

Firmware is somewhere between hardware and software. Please give me your printer model #, i will check for you.

5. Sillymoop

Sillymoop Thread Starter

It's a Canon Pixma MP610, thanks!

6. By_Rock

By_Rock

The Manual says: "Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cordof the machine from the power supply. After a while, plug the power cord of the machine back in, and turn on the machine. If the same error occurs, contact a Canon service."

I hope, this helps.

7. Sillymoop

Sillymoop Thread Starter

Ive unplugged and left it, and plugged it back in lots of times, i think im just gonna send it back :p

8. maxibhoy

maxibhoy

Do you have access to another pc you could try it on? Max.

9. jazz3000

jazz3000

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice