1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canon Powershot A550

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by nlhouser, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nlhouser

nlhouser Thread Starter

I have a Windows ME system in my older computer, and just received this new camera. Of course, the driver will not work and there is no support for ME online anymore.

Where would I get a driver to run my camera on my computer?:confused:

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Exactly what do you mean by " won't run " on ME? Please give a full explanation and we will probably be able to assist.

3. nlhouser

nlhouser Thread Starter

By not running, I am referring to the computer not recognizing it as hooked up as hardware. The disc which came with it only connects to XP or Vista, not Windows ME. I need the driver for the Canon PowerShot A550 to hook up to the Windows ME, or something that will work.

:D

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    It should show up as a separate drive if you look in " Explorer ".

5. nlhouser

nlhouser Thread Starter

...it says that the environment is not suitable (not XP).

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    I looked at all the info Canon has to offer and it seems ME was never discovered by them. If you have a friend with a card reader I would try that just to see if it works. If successful then spend the 20 bucks or so and your problem should be solved. You could always buy one from a retailer that has a good return policy if you don't know anyone with one. ;) From a personal standpoint I never use the mfg's software. I always use a reader because it's straight forward and trouble free.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice