Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon scanner not found

Solved 
Tags
canon scanner
3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  crunchyhippo 
#1 ·
I haven't used my Canon CanoScan Lide110 scanner in a while, so I went to use it again. It's a USB scanner and it's just a few years old. When I plugged it in, I could hear it setting itself, so I knew that it was "connected" to the computer. But when I opened the software to scan, it gave me a "no scanner detected" error (see attachment). I looked up the error code and tried all the suggestions, but all failed. I downloaded the most recent Canon drivers for my scanner, made sure I rebooted the computer after download with it unplugged, made sure no unresolved printer jobs were in queue, changed USB ports - no success. I hate to have to buy a new scanner when this has been working so well, but I don't know what else to do.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
what is your operating system? Windows 10 has a bad habit of installing the wrong drivers and you may have to roll them back, what does it look like in the device manager?

#3 ·
I have Windows 10. I'm not sure what I need to be looking for in Device Manager, but I expanded several options in the attachment. I don't know if the scanner would show up in Windows Explorer, for example, like a separate drive or something. Attached is an image. I don't see any other device in Windows Explorer if that helps.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
"No scanner detected" again. It did ask for me to plug in the scanner, and when I plugged it in I heard it come to life, the the popup window said click here to finish or something similar. Yet when I clicked on the Scancraft icon, it told me scanner not detected, then opened the scanner program. The program is on my computer, the computer recognizes the scanner, yet there's a disconnect somewhere. I have a feeling that it's in the software somewhere and not the drivers.....

It appears to be tied to error code 0x00070800 - whatever that is. I wonder if I uninstalled, could I then reinstall? Or is that just related to the drivers and not the software itself?

#11 ·
Did that. No change. Same error.

This is the new Canon Scancraft scanner I've had. I used to have an older one. The .exe file that I'm clicking on to open up the software program is from 2001, leading me to think that although I have the right drivers, I may not have the right software program. But I'm not sure, and I sure don't know where the 0riginal program disc is after several moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.