Canoscan F3000 driver not available

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcgillra

Hi recently installed Windows 8 pro and so far everything except my Canoscan F3000 scanner works. apparently there's no 64 bit driver for it.

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these scanners going using another driver. It's such a good scanner and still works perfectly in XP, but don't want to have to use too much space having two PCs set up.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here is the support site for the Canon CanoScan 3000F scanner.

Select Drivers & Software - Windows, then select the various Windows versions.

You will discover that drivers and software exist only for Windows XP and not for Windows 8.

Click and view the screenshot for additional information.

Attachments

mcgillra

Yes that's why I wondered if anyone had had success with other drivers.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I think you're out of luck using that scanner with Windows 8(64-bit).

Even if it installs a generic driver for it, the scanner functions will be limited.

---------------------------------------------------------------

mcgillra

Here is the support site for the Canon CanoScan 3000F scanner.

Select Drivers & Software - Windows, then select the various Windows versions.

You will discover that drivers and software exist only for Windows XP and not for Windows 8.

Click and view the screenshot for additional information.
I think you're out of luck using that scanner with Windows 8(64-bit).

Even if it installs a generic driver for it, the scanner functions will be limited.

Okay - sigh ... bad luck as it is an excellent scanner.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
One reason why I've stuck with HP printers and HP print/scan/copy all-in-one's for so long is because HP provides current software driver packages for its older models.

I'm still using a HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One with Windows 7 that was developed for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

mcgillra

Yes my cheapie HP scanner printer goes perfectly - updated drivers were found in a flash. It doesn't do slides or negatives though unfortunately.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online