1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Canoscan N1220U died in calibration?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by milton13, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milton13

milton13 Thread Starter

I have used my Canoscan N1220U scanner successfully for several years, through multiple operating system upgrades. I am currently using it with Windows XP, and the appropriate Canoscan "Toolbox."

Recently, I was in the process of scanning some documents. After successfully scanning about 100 pages, with efforts spread over several days, and 1 previous successful "calibration" process, I approved another "calibration" process.

I don't know whether the failure occurred during the actual calibration process, or during the page scan following the calibration, but the scanner stopped operating about half-way down the page.

The scanning mechanism is still in that half-way position. Any attempt to reconnect the scanner to the computer gets a "USB device not recognized" error message.

The "activation" button apparently does not function with the scanning mechanism in that position, and I can do nothing to get it to operate.

HELP! Please make any suggestions I might try, in order to recover operation of this device without destroying it.

2. dai

dai

have you checked canons faq page

my thoughts are being geriatric it has died of old age

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice