canot remove an empty folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

irish66

Hi. I'm loooking for a program to get rid of an empty folder.
actually there are a number of folders with nothing in any of them.
here's how it looks
nothing here/
yty/7/
y/
DW_Audio_-_BF_123_-_The_Company_of_Friends.\
DW_BF119_-_Key_2_Time_-_The_Chaos_Pool.\
i can copy but not the move the folders to a another drive, and have no problem deleting the whole thing from the drive i copy it to.. There are no files inside the dw folders, but I can only see that when i copy it to another drive.
in the original drive, i can rename the folders except for the two dw folders.
I guess it's not really a problem, as they are not taking up space, but still it would be nice to get rid of them.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1900 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset, 822 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152525 MB, Free - 7156 MB; E: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 1624 MB; F: Total - 238414 MB, Free - 1756 MB; G: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 2852 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 1243 MB; I: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 1976 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, LENOVO
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Have you check marked show hidden files and system files? There may be hidden files inside those folders. The option to do this is in Explorer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab.

Once you find those files, you can try an unlocker utility to unlock the file so you can delete them. I have found this unlocker:

http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker

But I have not used this before.

irish66

Yep, Show hidden files and system files is ticked
The drive is an external HD.
the folder is read only, and i can't remove that.
i get an error message
"an error occured applying atrributes to the file. the system cannot find the file specified .
Unlocker didn't work.
thanks anyhow.
if i click the last folder, i will get a message saying that files refer to a location that is unavailable.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
DW_Audio_-_BF_123_-_The_Company_of_Friends.\
DW_BF119_-_Key_2_Time_-_The_Chaos_Pool.\
These 2 folders are associated with The Company Of Friends and The Chaos Pool from the Doctor Who British science fiction series.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1900 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset, 822 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152525 MB, Free - 7156 MB; E: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 1624 MB; F: Total - 238414 MB, Free - 1756 MB; G: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 2852 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 1243 MB; I: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 1976 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, LENOVO
Your Lenovo computer appears to be about a 2008 model.

What model name and model number is it?

----------------------------------------------------------

irish66

Very informative-thank you.
Sorry-do you know where on the computer that info would be. it says Lenovo on the front.

Are those movies from torrents? Maybe the torrent uploading process is holding them and preventing deletion.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Sorry-do you know where on the computer that info would be. it says Lenovo on the front.
Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Information.

Highlight "System Summary" in the left pane.

Advise what's listed in:

System Manufacturer

System Model

-----------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
LENOVO 7360W4Y
That's no help.

Go here.

Select "Laptops" or "Desktops" for product type, depending on which one you have.

Select the series and subseries/model you have.

Advise us what that description is.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing you have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 7360 desktop which came with Windows Vista 32-bit.

------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online