1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't access any site that requires a password..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by norawatson, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norawatson

norawatson Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspirion B130 Laptop with a Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card.
    Windows XP

~No previous problems with this~

At home I have to use Dial-Up, because where I live DSL and Cable are not available yet.

I am a student at a local college, last semester I accessed their wireless service with no problem coming home and using my dial-up.

The other day I took my laptop to school, I connected to the service, but I could not access any sites, I kept getting the page error message.

So, I brought my LT home and connected to my dial-up, now I am unable to access any webpage that involves a password, I can get to the login page, but then I get the "cannot open page error".

I have reformatted, and it is still doing the same thing...

Any ideas?

And what setting do I need to change to access sites after I am connected to the wireless at school?

I did turn pop-up blocker, my firewall, cleaned my cookies and temp files, I am dumb-founded right now! :confused:

I know this is something simple!

TIA
    ~Nora

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/534867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice