Can't access any windows help function

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigh201067

A while back I tried to upgrade from IE7 To IE8 , things did not work out well, so bad that I had to restore back to IE7. But! now I have no help function. In fact I can't access any windows help function.It's like helpctr.exe is missing.:confused:
Any Ideas out there.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Click Start > Run > type services.msc

Scroll down to the Help and Support service. Make sure it's Started and Automatic.

If no luck,

Try this fix: Restore Help and Support Service

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Reboot.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online